Friday, April 16, 2010

Home-made bread?

Have you ever wished you could make home-made bread, but didn't feel like you had enough time? Well, ya know there is a way to make a quick, easy, and healthy "bread" that you can keep on hand.
Guess what it is? Pancakes!

Pancakes do not have to be unhealthy, because you can use healthier flours as you make them. I typically use whole wheat flour. Sometimes I add flax or oats as well.

The boys love pancakes, so I have been making large batches of them on the griddle and keeping them in a bread bag in the refrigerator. When they get hungry, we just toast them and spread peanut butter, jelly,honey, or butter on top. I have also been thinking about how you could spread cream cheese and fruit on top (I'm thinking about strawberries right now).

One really nice thing about pancakes is that they can be made whatever size you like, using whatever flour you like, and you can add whatever healthy thing you want (even ground up nuts!).

No comments: