Saturday, May 9, 2009

Nacho Potato Soup

This is VERY easy and extremely good! This one is a big hit with my family.

Nacho Potato Soup
1 (5 1/4 oz) box au gratin potatoes
1 (11 oz) can whole kernal corn, drained
1 (10 oz) can diced tomatoes and green chiles, undrained (I buy the tomatoes & chiles separate because the Walmart chiles are milder than the Rotel brand)
2 cups water
2 cups milk
2 cups Velveeta cheese (1/2 the large box) cut into cubes

In a soup pot combine the contents of the potato pkg, corn, tomatoes, chiles, & water. Boil, cover, and then simmer for 15 minutes (until potatoes are tender). Add cubed cheese & milk. Cook and stir occasionally until the cheese is melted. You can sprinkle with chili powder or hot sauce if you like :-)

Makes 6-8 servings!

*I found this in a Taste of Home Magazine several years ago*

3 comments:

Keeper of the Home said...

I am going to check my pantry and make sure I have everything to make this. It sounds like it would be a family favorite in our house. Thanks for sharing it.

Kim M. said...

Evening Shade,

You are certainly welcome! :-) Thank you for stopping in and commenting.

Farming On Faith said...

I am going to give this a try~
Thanks for sharing.
Blessings~
Carrie