Friday, May 8, 2009

In the mood for smoothies!!!

I finally gave in and bought myself a new blender this week (my old one leaked!). I have been whining lately to everyone that will listen that I am in the mood for smoothies!


Smoothies are a great way to get your 5-9 servings of fruits and vegetables!

Here are a couple of smoothie recipes... invented by me ;-)

You can pretty much make them however you want. If you want the slushie consistency, you must use either frozen fruit or ice cubes. (Frozen fruit works best).

Berry Banana

About a cup of Yogurt (plain or flavored)
1 banana (I freeze mine and peel when ready)
handful of frozen mixed berries
ice cubes (if needed)
add milk if needed
Squirt of honey or sugar to taste
Juice (optional)

*This morning I used frozen strawberries, banana, & orange juice

Mixed Vegetable smoothie

cup or so of Plain yogurt

Cup of cooked mixed vegetables (I used the frozen california blend)
sprinkle with salt, garlic or onion powder, chili powder

Mine was still warm... If you are on the go, you can place in a thermos for lunch or snack!




Process until smooth and enjoy!

No comments: