Thursday, May 14, 2009

What to do with cooled, leftover coffee

Now, this does not happen that much around here, but.... what do you do when you have cooled leftover coffee? Well you could heat it up and drink it, but what about something else?

I could give you a million baking ideas, but how about a smoothie? Good frugal way of getting something like a Frapuccino (or however you spell it).

There are two things you can do with the coffee itself. If you do not plan on using it right away you can freeze it into ice cubes. After the coffee is frozen, pop the cubes into a gallon sized freezer bag and keep in the freezer. Use the cubes instead of the ice I mention in the recipe below.

Or you can use the coffee right away like I did today.

You can adjust the amounts as you need.....

About 2 cups of regular coffee
1 tray of ice cubes (if you already have the coffee frozen into trays, skip this "ingredient")
about 1/2 cup of sugar(more or less according to your taste)
Milk (a cup or so?)
2-4 tablespoons of cocoa powder

Put everything into a blender & process.

visit www.generationcedar.com for "thrifty Thursday".

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That's a great idea... can't believe that I've never thought of it!!!! I like coffee even when it's cold though (I know, I'm weird), so it's VERY rare that we have unused coffee. I'm going to have to give this a try!

I've also heard that coffee is good for plants, just pour the remainder in there.

Or you could use leftover cold coffee to stain paper or gift tags to give it an old timey type of look.

Shannon

Kim M. said...

ooh those are great tips too!!! I love making gifts and I have some vegetable plants as well!