Sunday, March 15, 2009

Blondies

Blondies are basically like a giant brownie (or giant chocolate chip cookie!). My men absolutely love them. Here is my favorite recipe:

Blondies

(makes 8x8 pan-double recipe if you want 9x13... I triple mine for a giant cookie sheet!)

1/3 cup of butter
1 cup of brown sugar
1 egg
7/8 cup of flour (1 cup minus 2 tablespoons)
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 cup of chocolate chips
1 tsp vanilla

Melt butter. Blend in sugar and egg. Cool. Combine dry ingredients and then add to the wet mixture. Add chocolate chips & vanilla. Stir with a wooden spoon.

Bake at 350* for 15-20 minutes.

* Substitutions: You could substitute about 1/4 of the flour for oats. You could do flax-seed or wheat too.
I use maple flavoring sometimes instead of vanilla, and sometimes I use different types of "chips" (butterscotch, white chocolate,etc).