Thursday, November 18, 2010

Using contact paper: storage ideas

I've been posting lots of recipes, but since this blog is about everything home-making, I thought I'd share some other home-making ideas.

A few years ago,  I really needed a place to keep our library books, but I didn't really have a lot of extra money to spend on the large storage baskets (which can be quite expensive even at Wal-mart).  So, I found the idea that you could choose a sturdy box and get decorative contact paper and cover it.    It was a very fun project, and I was pleased with my box.

Wouldn't you know, even though that box was covered YEARS ago, I still have it!  It has outlasted some of the wicker baskets on which I spent more money.

Another way I used contact paper was to cut into cereal boxes and book/magazine holders similar to these and then cover them with contact paper.   I still have them as well and they help keep the cookbooks in my cabinets organized.


Here are some links with more ideas for using contact paper:

http://interiordesign.lovetoknow.com/Decorating_with_Contact_Paper


http://www.ehow.com/how_6710827_decorating-contact-paper.html

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

OOOH so happy to find your blog!

Kim M. said...

"Wife to the Rockstar", Welcome!
:-)

Pamela said...

Good ideas, Kim. Clear contact is also good for covering the front of a cookbook to keep it from spill spots.

Kim M. said...

Thanks, Pamela!