Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Pumpkin Pancakes

The picture above shows what was left after the boys ate their fill!
Pumpkin pancakes

This is a bulk recipe.  It makes a BUNCH of pancakes for the freezer.  Make sure you have plenty of quart-sized freezer bags to hold it all.  I usually put in 3 or 4 pancakes into each bag because that's what the kids usually eat.

5 cups of flour (I used wheat)
2 heaping TBSp baking powder
2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
2 tsp cinnamon
3 eggs
1 15 oz can of pumpkin
milk  (I probably used about 5 cups)
I also added about 1/4 of a bag of chocolate chips, but that's not necessary.  I just had extra and it makes them extra special. :-)

Mix dry ingredients well.  Add eggs and gradually add milk until your pancakes reach the desired thickness.  I like mine thin and light so I add quite a bit of milk to make the batter pretty runny (about the consistency of gravy).

Pour 1/4 cup of batter onto hot griddle.  Turn when batter bubbles in the middle.

If you want to make a home-made syrup, see the previous post or click here.

No comments: