Monday, October 4, 2010

Creamy Potato Soup



I made this for Sunday afternoon dinner. 

I planned ahead, and  used my crock-pot the night before to boil the potatoes. 
I wash mine, cut an x in them, cover them with water, and turn the crock pot on high.  They were actually cooked by morning and I just unplugged the crock pot.  

You need:
  • 10-12 boiled & cubed potatoes -- you could do less if you think this is too much, but it was enough to feed our family of five and have enough for seconds or leftovers.
  • Either 2 cans of cream soup ( cream of mushroom or chicken), or make the equivalent home-made (click here for a home-made recipe)
  • 8 ounces sour cream
  • bacon bits (real or imitation/soy).  I used half the bag.
  • milk or water (to add at the end to get the consistency you like)

Mix the cream soup (I made a home-made cream gravy) & sour cream into a large soup pan. Add the cubed potatoes & bacon bits. Add milk or water to get the desired consistency.  Salt and pepper to taste.     Very easy and very tasty.


2 comments:

Tonya said...

How ironic...I just searched potato soup recipes this morning!!! I will definitely try this one!! Thanks!

Kim M. said...

Hope you like it! I get in the mood for stews and soups when the chill gets into the air!