Friday, March 19, 2010

Mushroom Noodle soup

I realize this recipe carb & sodium city, but today is the day before getting groceries.  I try to only shop twice a month so...  If anyone is like me, I usually have a few things left in the pantry (we always have tons of deer meat but who wants to cook that for lunch?).  This is what I threw together for lunch and it was just too tasty not to share:

1 package of Amish noodles
2 packets of mushroom gravy
1 packet of country gravy (white)
If I had them, I would add sliced fresh mushrooms too

Prepare the Amish noodles according to the package.  During the last 5 minutes (while the noodles are boiling).  Mix all 3 packets of gravy in about a 1 1/2 cup of cold water or milk.  Pour the gravy mixture into the boiling noodles and mix.  If you have mushrooms...add them too!
I will probably be bouncing off the walls in a bit after all those carbs (and very little protein) but it sure was good!

No comments: