Thursday, March 18, 2010

Grilled pizza

This recipe was in our electric consumer newsletter.  The boys loved it.

I am typing from memory so I apologize for the un-sofisticated style here. ;-)

You need bread, white cheese slices of your choice (mozzerella, monterey jack, etc), basil, and pizza sauce.

Make a grilled cheese sandwich with the bread and cheese, except sprinkle the bread with basil before you grill it.  Use a pizza cutter to cut into long strips.  Dip in warm pizza sauce.

I think next time I am going to try to put mushroom slices or even pepperoni in the middle! Well.. anything that might top a regular pizza would probably be good.

2 comments:

Tonya said...

Kim...I like this idea because #1 I LOVE pizza...#2 I love grilled cheese...so the combination of the 2 should be great! Also - you can make this while camping - and I love camping...all in all I hope when I make this it will be a favorite of mine! I enjoy reading your posts! Keep 'em coming!

Kim M. said...

Tonya, Hope you like it. My kids and my 2 year old niece liked the dipping part :-) So maybe your kids will like it too.

I love the idea of using it while camping too!