Saturday, January 16, 2010

Calzones

The last post was a recipe for home-made pizza. Since then, I have used the pizza crust to make a calzone.

It works very well; you just bake it longer.

Here is how I made the dish tonight:



  • I made spaghetti
  • I made the pizza crust
  • Roll out the pizza crust and spoon the spagetti into the middle, (like you would for a burrito).
  • Roll the crust up like a giant burritto, pinching the ends and placing it folded side down on the ungreased cookie sheet.
  • Bake at 400* for 30-35 minutes. After it bakes, slide it out and brush it with butter and bake for five more minutes to brown it (or if you are brave, put it on broil).
After I made the spaghetti calzone, I thought it would have been even better if I had sprinkled some garlic salt/powder or Italian herbs on top. Have fun with it!

Here are some good ideas for a large variety of calzones.

No comments: