Sunday, January 10, 2010

Home-made Pizza


I found a great recipe for pizza crust a couple of years ago. It has served me well, so I decided to share. I always double the recipe to make a giant pizza.

Self rising pizza crust:

2 1/2 cups flour

2 teaspoons baking powder

1 tsp salt

1 tsp dry yeast

3/4 cup water

3/4 cup oil

Mix dry ingredients. Add wet ingredients. I mix all together with a wooden spoon.

I roll it out on top of a large piece of aluminum foil (sprinkle with flour). Pick it up and flatten it into the pan and up the sides.

Top with sauce, cheese, and toppings. Bake at 400 F for 15-20 minutes (make sure it is browned or it will be gummy).


1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm going to have to try this, it sounds easier than most, not having all the rising time and kneading. Thanks for posting!

Shannon