Wednesday, July 1, 2009

White gravy or Cream soup mix

White Gravy

(replaces any type of cream soup, can add sausage for gravy with biscuits, add cheese, sour cream [for stroganoff]... whatever you like)

I personally think the BEST is made in a cast iron skillet!
2 TBSP cold butter or oil
flour (about 1/8 cup or more... depending on how thick you want it)
2-4 cups of milk (or more)
salt & pepper

melt butter in frying pan. sprinkle with flour. Use a fork to mix together and to get rid of the lumps. Gradually add milk and keep stirring until the lumps are gone. I let mine bubble as it thickens.

Pour over biscuits, casseroles, or use as a replacement for cream soups.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I absolutely love this homemaker blog and am so glad that you do it! I'm starting to think this is the best wedding gift that I've ever heard of!!!!! And all of us get to be blessed by it as well. Hope your sister is loving it, and married life!

Shannon

Kim M. said...

Oh thanks Shannon; what a nice compliment! I need to do better with updating it though... I am on my third week of running like crazy (church campmeetings, July 4th, and now Vacation Bible school)!