Monday, January 28, 2013

Hanging Laundry

 
 
I have always enjoyed line drying our laundry, but I haven't had much of an opportunity except for drying a little here and there over the doors or occasionally using the shower curtain rod in the bathroom.

Our dog is in the back yard with the clothesline, and until he is moved, there won't be any laundry hung out there with him.  I have imagined some interesting visuals of him running through the yard with specific pieces of clothing. 

I saw a comment on a blog post about frugality where a girl said that her mother hung an extra long shower rod over her washer and dryer.  I was thrilled to read that because I had never thought about doing that.  Laundry hanging problem solved, and I can do it rain or shine!  Plus, if I use hangers, it will save time for those things that I would already hang up anyway.

Why I think it's a good idea to hang laundry as much as possible:

  • Less wear and tear on clothes
  • Less wear and tear on the dryer
  • Saves money on the electricity bill

I ordered my shower rod from Amazon.com.  Click here for the link.

1 comment:

Mary said...

Oh, that's a good idea! (I lost your blog when I quit following blogs a long time ago.)