Friday, January 14, 2011

Creamy Taco

This is a great company dish (One of Michael's favorites; passed down to me by his mother).
I recommend serving it with a salad or a vegetable tray.


1 pound of ground beef (or a leaner version.  I use venison!)
1 onion, chopped (or diced dry onions or a teaspoon of onion powder)
seasoning - salt, pepper, & chili powder (to taste)
1 can of cream of mushroom soup
1 can of cream of chicken soup
1 can of pet milk (evaporated milk)  Note: I usually just substitute with regular milk, pouring in about 1/2 cup.
1/2 can of green chiles, diced
1 dozen tortillas (torn into pieces)
2 cups of grated cheese

Spray or coat a 9x13 pan with a light coating of oil. 

Brown beef & onion along with seasonings.  Drain well.  Add soups, milk, and green chiles to make a medium thick gravy.  Place layers of tortillas (about 3 layers), meat, onions, & gravy.  Top with cheese.

Bake @ 350 degrees for at least 30 minutes.  Makes 6-8 servings.

3 comments:

Theresa said...

On Creamy Taco recipe is it correct to have 2 cream of chicken soup? Just checking. Thanks

Kim M. said...

Theresa, I made a mistake. Thank you for finding that for me! It should have said, "One can of cream of mushroom" soup. So total: 1 can of cream of mushroom and 1 can of cream of chicken soup.

Kim M. said...

I will fix that!